Friday 15 February 2013

About time, Dolly!

Remember my friend who gave me a whole bag of vintage fabrics? Well to return the favour, I said I'd finish off one of her old projects for her.


The doll was already sewn when this was given to me, as were her arms and legs. The clothes were all on one sheet of fabric. I don't have a picture of them at an earlier stage because I wasn't going to blog this (as it's hardly something I made myself and the pattern was all laid out for me), but then I saw this...


1981! I kind of felt sorry for poor little dolly when I saw this. She's older than me (only just), and she's spent her whole life in a drawer. I figured I'd put her on the internet so that she can see a bit of the world.

And here she is...


She's been waiting more than thirty years to get dressed, hope she's warm now!

I wonder if there are many more of these still around.


No comments:

Post a Comment