Saturday 27 July 2013

DIY - Minute Make - Lipgloss

Have you got one of those lipsticks laying around which is okay, but it's just not quite you? Me too. Recently I changed my hair colour, and since then my make-up has had to be re-assessed. Don't get me wrong, I'm rocking the redhead! But now I find that any bright lipstick with an orange-ish tone is just a bit too clashy for my liking. Enter the most simple do-over I have ever done!

Sometimes, it helps to just calm down the colour a little; and here at Enthusiastitch, where it's a waste-not, want-not philosophy, turning your lipstick into gloss is a great way to keep it in use.



You will need: Your lipstick (the brighter the better), Petroleum Jelly, a Teaspoon, and a small pot (I used an empty pot that used to contain bronzing pearls). You will also find it helpful to have a cloth or tissue at hand as this can get a little messy.


Step 1: Using the handle of your teaspoon, scrap all of the lipstick into your pot.


Step 2: Add your petroleum jelly to the pot and mix well. It's best to add one teaspoon at a time and test your shade as you go so that you don't water down your colour too much. It took two and a half teaspoons for mine.



Step 3: Smooth out the top with the back of the spoon, it's that simple.


It makes your lipstick go waaaay further, and would work great on even the cheapest of lipsticks. I'm loving it!

Total cost - £0.00
Total time spent - less than a minute

No comments:

Post a Comment